Monday, April 7, 2008

Penguins Playoff Preview

No I'm not writing some sort of analysis, because I don't know too much about hockey but love watching us do things that I think are cool as shit. And I did it for most of the last 2 seasons! Either way, we are facing the smuggest group of hockey fans ever in the Ottawa Senators in the first round after blowing our last game to Philly. So I'd like to do a PND synopsis of the gigantic media hype surrounding the series.


First of all, Pensblog is awesome. Total one sided game reviews with sweet photoshopped stuff and a big reader base. So keeping up with that and some other ESPN and Post-Gazette writings, the feeling is that the Pens blew the last game on purpose to play the Senators who have lost a bunch of players and have started sucking. So everyone is pulling a super over-analysis and saying that the Pens will absolutely lose cause because they have already overlooked the super-dynamo-Senators-that-totally-sucked-for-the-last-month-but-are only-lulling everyone-into-a-false-sense-of-security-mega-team.

Either way, the Senators' version of the pensblog posted this playoff preview and the flow of comments from Pens fans are great, but part of one really stood out to me:

Anonymous said...

....Remember last year. It's revenge time. You MAPLE SUCKING MOOSE FUCKING CHILD TOUCHERS ARE DONE. THIS IS GOING TO BE MORE FUN THAN TAKING YOUR WIFE OUT TO A NICE SEAFOOD DINNER AND NEVER CALLING HER AGAIN.

Does anyone get the Seafood part? Or am I an idiot and I'm going to have to edit this post to take out my inappropriate comment ignorance.

EDIT: Thanks Davey. Good to know that "a nice seafood dinner" wasn't like the double shocker spliced with the eiffel tower crossed with the houdini, and everyone knew about it but me.

1 comment:

  1. Anchorman, bro!

    Champ Kind: I will take your mother out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!
    Wes Mantooth: Dorothy Mantooth is a saint.

    ReplyDelete